How do you learn?
You want to learn Authentic Jazz intensly, focused and with valuable input from a versatile line-up of international teachers? This workshop might be perfect for you, because you will have the chance to get input from very different perspectives.
All our teachers have years of experience with dancing and teaching Authentic Jazz, yet they have very unique backgrounds and each of them brings their own set of skills and expertises with them. In each class you will learn specific concepts, techniques or routines that you can implement in your Solo Jazz and Swing dancing at your own pace. Long breaks in between the classes will give you time to rest or immediately practice what you just learned.
As an alternative to the Classic Track we offer a package for beginners and refreshers that includes a lighter schedule during the day, so you can rest more before diving into the devine evening schedule. In this track you can take a dip into the Solo Jazz waters without leaving the last class overly exhausted – and enjoy the evenings in any way you wish to :)
Pick your level
We offer 5 levels, from Beginner to Advanced, at Cirque Du Solo. When you sign up, we will ask you to assign yourself to one these levels. There will not be any auditions, but if you for any reason feel after the first that you have picked the wrong level, talk to us and we can figure out a solution together.
Click here to see the level descriptions…
Take this level if you are familiar with partnered swing dancing but completely new to Authentic Jazz or if you are new to Authentic Jazz altogether.
- You have never danced solo jazz before.
Note: This level is only available for the beginner track.
Take this level if you have experience in dancing but are new to Authentic Jazz, or if you want to refresh your basics. This track is for you if you are ready to take your dancing up a notch.
- You already dance Swing or other couple / solo dances
- You have probably had some Authentic Jazz classes already
- You may now the Shim Sham or other routines
Take this level if you already have some experience in Authentic Jazz, are comfortable with plenty of basics and are searching for new challenges.
- You already took 6+ months of Authentic Jazz classes or several workshops.
- You know the Shim Sham well and probably also the Tranky Doo or similar routines.
- You have heard about musicality and may have experimented with improvisation.
Intermediate / Advanced
Take this level if you have done plenty of solo jazz classes but solo dancing still presents some challenges. You are currently extending your vocabulary, finessing your technique, you improvise and try to implement your knowledge of swing music in your dancing.
- You have done over a year of solo jazz classes.
- You are familiar with lots of traditional steps and you can dance numerous routines.
- You have experience in improvising.
Take this level if you are already an advanced solo jazz dancer and you are looking to push yourself to a higher level.
- You dance Authentic Jazz since several years
- You learn new routines quite fast and might even choreograph your own
- You probably have been in jam circles or performed as a dancer already
Classic Track – 155€
- 9 International Teachers – Areski Stichweh (DE), Bára Hřebačková (BE), Cat Foley (UK), Fredrik Dahlberg (SWE), Jo Hoffberg (US), JoYsS (FR), Kris Blindert (DE), Laura Stahl (DE), Sep Vermeersch (BE)
- Choose from 5 levels of Authentic Jazz classes with great teachers who like to get nerdy with specific moves, concepts and techniques and might also throw in some cool jazz routines.
- Friday Add-On: Two days of classes are not enough for you? We offer an additional package on Friday afternoon for only 40€ – more details will be announced
- Pick the Parties you like without feeling the need to “attend them all”: We decided for this year to keep the evenings separate from the workshops, so you have the choice to pay only for what you really want to attend.